Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Love

I am officially in love. In love with my new leather coat. I've been wanting one for such a long time now, but just haven't found the right one. I started my search in October.. and most of the jackets i found were either way too expensive for a college student such as myself.. or not the real deal. At this time, i was interning at the Horton Berner Fashion Group and had been for a few months. They have a line called SuperDry which is a Japanese inspired European line for men and women. During the selling season i put the jacket on and absolutely loved it. It fit me like a glove. Looking at the price tag, i figured i could never afford it and put it back down. The spring sample sale( which is actually in the fall because wholesale selling/buying is 6 months in advance) came and left, and no SuperDry was sold because they were still selling at the time of the sale. I was BUMMED.
Today, i went into the agency for their Spring/Summer sample sale,but not really with the plans to shop. Honestly, I miss it there and wanted an excuse to bring them bright yellow tulips and just say hi. Unfortunately with my school schedule it was hard to keep up my internship with them because they needed me different days than i could help out! Anyways, i went in and said hello, and randomly Racquel the office manager told me "Sarah!! Your jacket is still here!" Immediately knowing she meant the SuperDry jacket i ran over to see if it was true. And there it was. I picked it up and tried it on for another time. It fit like a glove. The staff were all laughing saying that it was destiny because a girl came in a day before and hid it just so she could buy it, but then never came back! LUCKY ME. Not really wanting to have spent money that day i weighed out my options, and went for the jacket. I have to say, it was well worth the couple hundred dollars i payed for it. Considering it retails for $575.



Trying it on again at home, i realize i have a new found love for quality, and not just quality leather; Quality in my clothing. My poor wallet. But honestly, one investment piece that will last me years is much more worth it than buying a jacket every season because my old one wore out. I am very content. And now very ready for the Moule sample sale this weekend!! Looks like i'll be cutting back on groceries this month. But good thing there is only 7 weeks of school left and then i'm out to find a job. Already searching and getting really excited. - Just looking to make it in the big world. More later.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment