Monday, April 26, 2010

Moule Moule

Today, i learned the epitome of being a college student. In a nutshell, i have a designer taste with a not so designer budget. I have just acquired an internship at the head office of a Local Vancouver store called Moule. Moule is a higher end clothing store that sells a number of well known brands. I went in today, a bit under the weather to be honest, and had 8 hours of work ahead of me sorting, folding, and tagging. The bright side of all the tedious work, is that i had a great opportunity to look at all of the product. I found a pair of wicked black ( they came in brown as well) leather boots that were originally selling for 400 that are going on sale for under a quarter of the price! photos to come!! I also had a blast looking at all of the interesting clothing that came from all around the world. Brands such as DryKorn, Beautiful People, Velvet, and tons more to name a few flooded the floors of the space. High quality denim, silk blouses, and fine leather, i was in heaven.

In case you don't know what a warehouse sale is, it is when you get all the clothing for your stores and hold a massive sale with ridiculously low prices in hopes to sell everything. I think a few things are worth mentioning. First of all, black sequined leggings, which originally were for sale for 215. I wonder why they didn't sell! As i was looking at the price for legging, my boss mentioned " Sarah, we just live in two completely different worlds." First of all.. i don't feel as if because i wouldn't pay that much for sparkly, shiny legs that it means we live in different worlds. MAYBE i'd pay that much for super comfy black ones, who knows. I believe in investment pieces that are more expensive that you can wear for a long time, I'm just in the process of making enough money to pay for those pieces that i want.



Another item worth mentioning. Lime green stretch skinny jeans with zippers on the ankles. Its a mouth full just saying it! I mean don't get me wrong.. i love color.. but everyone should know when and were to wear it. Take for example:

Personally, just not my style. I don't think i've ever seen someone who looks good in neon! Please stop trying to bring it back!!

On a lighter note, the sample sale starts on Thursday, and i get first choose over clothes! yay for spending a months rent on clothes. :) Pics to come of those boots and what i pick out at the sale.

Also, planning on a road trip to Cali and blogging the whole thing! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment