Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fur haters, leather lovers?


As i was sitting in class today browsing around some blogs, an interesting ad popped up. It was for Peta, people for the ethical treatment of animals. I have a very close friend who was once a omnivore who has watched one of their videos and is now strictly a vegetarian. I have no problem with people who are veggies, it is your own choice, and if you like not having all that yummy protein, then thats up to you! But it posed a question in my mind. Being part of the fashion world, fur is a very controversial topic that gets brought up quite often. I personally don't own fur, but don't feel strongly about it either way.. but my question is: Do Vegetarians wear leather?? I know many veggies who tell me that they'll never eat another piece of meat their entire lives because the poor animals who are treated so terribly.. but yet they own a leather handbag, wallet, and boots? I guess i don't quite understand if you feel so strongly about not eating meat, how could you wear them as a handbag?




There is an overwhelming amount of fur on the runways for the fall/winter 2010 season especially during New York Fashion week. The designers paraded their girls down the runway with fur hoods, vests, cuffs, jackets, bags, everything you can think of. Big family names such as Michael Kors, Oscar de La Renta, Anna Sui, and Marc Jacobs are all on the fur bandwagon.

so what do you think? Is it wrong for Vegetarians to wear leather?

No comments:

Post a Comment