Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This Weeks hits and Disses

Alright.. So i've decided once a week i'm going to do a weekly hit and diss list. I'll show you the Stars wearing it right..and those of them who unfortunately opted not to have a stylist. Here are this weeks hits:



First of all, Kate Beckinsale looks amazing in this beautiful goddess inspired gown. I love the sleeve detail and the silver detail on the dress. Plus her soft curls just make the look. My Favorite of the week!



Jennifer Lopez flaunts this gorgeous gown at the AmFar Gala Benefit. I'm loving the architectural ruffles on the skirt, and the color is definitely going with her Skin tone.



Honestly.. i don't know what to say about this look. Aly Michalka, Disney Star is definitely not hiding any McDonalds Cheeseburgers underneath that dress. That's for sure. The bold stripes and ever-so-tight fit of the dress is definitely a head turning combination. I like the hair and the shoes.. but something about the extreme tan-ness of her legs is throwing me off.

Here are my Disses:



Lily Allen... Did you sneak into your Grandmother's closet and steal this? Because it really ought to be a crime! The poorly ruched sleeves, to the vertical pleats down the front all scream "Wrong" to me. Not to mention the cleavage fighting for attention over those sleeves... Shouldn't cleavage always be the center of attention? Come on.. It's Hollywood.



Elizabeth Banks.. Let me first start off by saying.. I have NEVER been a mermaid silhouette fan. I'm quite the avid "Say Yes to the Dress" watcher.. and every time they try own those gowns i fast forward. ( Thank god for Tivo ) I think accentuating the hips is great.. but not when it looks like this. Having chosen a neutral color.. i am still overwhelmingly distracted by everything that is going on. The print, the neckline, and the skirt detail.. really?? At least her hair looked nice :)





So... this is Marion Cotillard.. Which i really don't know who she is.. but i do know one thing...I think i made this dress my first semester of Fashion School with a bolt of fabric and 1,000 pins. Black looks great on her, don't get me wrong.. but pin tuck after pin tuck really cheapens the look for me. So you take a beautiful strapless black gown, and add way too much fabric to it.. and don't know what to do, so you just tuck it all up and hope we don't notice. Maybe next time.. Or maybe make two dresses out of the same amount of fabric. Just a suggestion..I'm no designer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment