Monday, June 7, 2010

Diamond in the Rough




As i was waiting for my Indian takeout on lunch break, i was exploring around the little area of Gastown within a you know, 2 minute radius.. i wanted to look, but also wanted to make sure i was back in exactly 10 minutes for my food :). At first i went into a Western store, looking at Cowboy boots, not too exciting. Then a little boutique in the middle of two bigger well known stores caught my eye. I had never seen this store before. In that part of gastown, there are cobblestone roads, and lots of people walking around, but it's a local place.. not many tourists venture down that far. In nice silver letters i read the store name: LynnStephen.

Being my curious self, I walked in to take a look around, and was pleasantly surprised! The owner of the store was working by herself (given the store was as big as my 700 sq foot apartment)but made time to come over to be a greet me personally.I chatted with the owner for a bit and got to know a little more about the store. They had just opened up 5 months ago, which explains why i haven't seen it yet, and are very involved with the community, donating $50 towards my fashion show on the spot(!!) I had a look around, and there were some pretty amazing clothes inside. The clothing was minimal on rolling racks, but it looked classy and expensive. They carry great brands, such as Paige,DL1961, Gemma, Monrow, Lauren Moshi, Pade Vavra, and Gorjana, just to name a few.

The best part about the store, in my opinion, was their changing room/bathroom. The entire wall surrounding is made out of books! I took some picture, excuse the quality, they're from my camera phone, but i just had to write about it!

This is a view from the front door



This is a view from the back of the store. Owner of the store, and friend Darryl pictured as well





This is the inside of the wall! See any books you like?


See what a little wandering can lead to? I want to go back and shop! Oh that's right, i'm going tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. The Lynn Steven's fitting room is probably the biggest highlight of the entire store besides the great selection they carry. love it.

    www.thestarvingstylist.com

    ReplyDelete