Monday, June 14, 2010

Pandemonium Fashion Show


Hand made skeleton by Darryl Singh


I was going to wait until i had more photos, but i wanted to write about something to do with my personal life. So, here it goes. For the last few months, my life has been completely consumed with a fashion show. As our final project, my 18 classmates and i worked together, (some more than most) to put this production into action. Our theme was Gothic Romantic with a Tim Burton feel to it. We used a lot of purples and blacks, bringing out a darker side to the show. As head of fund raising and sponsorships, I was in charge for most of the money that was brought in. Which is a really hard task.. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of people who shut doors on me and told me they weren't hiring and to leave them alone. It's quite funny to me. I know it has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with people not wanting to help out. There are so many charities these days, and i can completely understand that there is a little bit of donation exhaustion going on.

OH. By the way, the show was all for charity. We supported the local Covenant House, which in case you don't know, is an organization to help kids get off the street and battle addictions and homelessness. It's quite a touching charity, and i am so glad that we got to raise money for them.

So the show happened last Thursday night at an antique hall on Main Street, Vancouver. It was a huge success. Within the first half hour we had all of our gift cards (that i acquired) sold, and raffle tickets flying out of our seller's hands. It was such a great feeling to see so many people passionate about helping. ( or just getting cheap drinks, and paying $10 for gift cards that were at least $25, haha)

Anyways, here are a few photos of the show. I will post more later when i have them all. Cheers everyone. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

On stage welcoming everyone to the show.

>

Group 128



A couple looks:

>





More Photos at http://21galleria.com/general/Pandemonium/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment